BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, July 2, 2012

Mama's Turn Pt. 1

Mommy decided to take over the blog for a couple of posts.  This post is for my Sweet Sophia:


Sweet Pea,


You have now been 2 years old for 2 months.  I just can't believe it.  You amaze me everyday.  You are the smartest, sweetest, most beautiful child I have ever known.  I honestly don't know how your Daddy and I are so blessed.

I just love watching you and seeing how your little brain works.  You remember EVERYTHING!  Even months later.  It's both neat and weird.  You are a chatter box, and not just by knowing words.  You speak in FULL sentences all the time.  One of my favorite things you do right now is adding "es" to everything plural... like trucks'es, spoons'es, and dogs'es!  You understand everything we tell you, speak your mind, and even try to bargain with us.  It's pretty funny.  Every morning when you are asked what you want for breakfast you say, "Ummm, cereal.  How 'bout it?" and it always makes me smile.  You don't usually win that one, but I like that you'll try to change our minds by saying, "No. How 'bout cereal?  That would be yummy!"


I don't know what kind of personality you are going to have just yet.  You get awfully shy when we get around other people.  It takes you quite a while to warm up and leave our sides when we are some place new, even if it's with family and friends.  However, once you get comfortable you love to be the center of attention and make people laugh.  You actually can't stand when we aren't talking about or to you when we are at the dinner table.  You'll do just about anything to get the spotlight back on you!


The 4 people that you aren't shy around at all are Welita, Welito, Memaw, and Ampa.  Boy, do you have those folks wrapped around your finger!  We are so, so lucky to live so close to them and have them be such an important part of your life.  They all jump at the chance to spend time with you or have you stay the night.  You have no problem saying goodbye to us, and you always want to stay and "play for a little bit more" when it's time to leave them.  You come home worn out and spoiled beyond belief, but we wouldn't have it any other way!  In fact, you are at Six Flags right now with Welita and Welito; and I'm sure you're drinking lemonade and eating junk!
You continue to be a very healthy girl.  I don't know how we've only manage to go to the pediatrician for well check ups.  Like I said, we are beyond blessed with you, Little One.  You eat well for the most part.  You're pretty picky with fruits and vegetables though, and really only have about 10 in rotation.  I think it's a texture thing right now, at least I hope it is.  You do eat broccoli like a champ, which completely baffles me!  We just switched you over to Flintstone chewable vitamins, and you love them so much that you try to get a second serving almost everyday by saying, "I need more medicine to feel me better.  So I can be big and strong."  I'm not sure how big and strong you are going to be, but I definitely think you're going to be tall and skinny.  You gained just a little over 3 pounds in this last year, but you managed to stay in the 97th percentile for height!
As much as I hate to admit it, you LOVE watching TV and movies.  You know the names of all the Nick Jr characters, even the ones we don't watch.  You love to announce when a show is over and always ask, "What's coming on next?"  I will say that you also LOVE books and being read to.  Sometimes you even "read" to us and make up stories to go with the pictures.  It's very cute!  You also love spending time outside and usually fight us when it's time to go in, so don't think you spend all your time watching TV inside.
Sophia, you are the most incredible gift ever.  I am so lucky that your Daddy has let me stay home with you these last 2 years.  I wouldn't trade it for anything!  Your little world is about to get shaken up, but I promise my love for you will only continue to grow.  I have no doubt you are going to be the best big sister.  Your Daddy and I are already so proud of you.  I can't wait to see your personality blossom even more and see the little lady you turn out to be.
I love you so incredibly much, 
Mommy

1 comments:

Joanna said...

Well written, Val. This is so beautiful!! What a precious little girl you have! I love that she's going to have a baby brother soon. :)