BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, July 2, 2010

Where has the time gone?

TWO MONTHS have gone by and this is the first time I've posted a blog about our precious little angel. I would say I'm a horrible mommy for not wanting to show her off, but I like to think I've been an extra good mommy by spending more time with her instead of blogging! Especially since time is flying by and she's growing up so fast. So why am I taking the time to write now? Well Sophia had her 2 month check up yesterday with 4 immunizations, and isn't feeling herself at the moment. Poor thing has had a slight fever since last night and is taking much longer naps today. Plus Jon took the day off, made brunch, and is now washing the dishes (what a great husband). Needless to say, I'm bored!

Anyway... on to the good stuff!

Sophia Elizabeth arrived on April 30th at 9:55 pm. 2 hours and five minutes before her due date and a day after I wrote that last blog! She said she was coming on her own terms and told our doctor no way to inducing. I can already tell this little girl is going to be a handful! If you haven't heard by now, Sophia was a very healthy baby when she delivered, coming in at 9 lbs 1 oz and 21 1/2 inches long. So not fun to push out, but very proud of myself, Jon, and my mother for getting through it. It's by far the most amazing thing I've ever experienced.

Another amazing thing... the set of lungs this baby girl was blessed with! I'm sure most parents think, "Oh my goodness, my baby cries so much louder than other babies!" But I KNOW my baby is so much louder than other babies and way more intense. She's a little fireball that lets EVERYONE know when she's not happy. I'll never forget when a nurse at one of her first check ups said, "Oh my, she is NOT happy!" I said, "Oh this is nothing, she's just getting started!" She can cry for and hour or two nonstop in the evenings a few times a week, but we're getting much better at calming her down and keeping our cool. Those first few weeks were tough, but after a few melt downs we've realized she'll eventually stop and she'll sleep soooo good! :) That's the plus to all of these fits - she sleeps like a champ at night and only gets up once to nurse!

Now that I've made my baby sound like she's possessed... She really is a sweetheart! She's very strong and has awesome head control. I have no doubt she'll be an early crawler, since she already inches her way up with her legs. Once she figures out the arms part of it, she'll be going to town. She's also smiling a lot more in a social way and is "talking" like crazy! So so cute. She loves to watch the tv and has been very interested in World Cup soccer, even though Mexico and the US are out of the tournament! She loves car rides, Michael Jackson, and her swing. She definately likes to be on the move. I think that has to do with the fact that I was always on my feet and moving at work. She also falls asleep really easy when I'm talking on the phone. I think it reminds her of all the gossiping mommy did at work with the other ladies and customers!!

Sophia is growing like crazy! At yesterday's check up she was weighing in at 12 lbs 10 oz (a pound and a half of that was packed on in just the last 2 weeks) and 23 1/2 in long! She's in the 85th percentile for her weight, length, and head size, so she's very proportional! Sometime's I think her little head is really big, but I guess not (it's just full of lots of brain).


No words can express how in love I am with this precious baby girl! I can't imagine my life without her. I now know how my own mom has felt this past 28 years. I am so grateful to have had such a great role model that made life pretty easy for me! Although, being the great kid I am, she had it pretty easy too! :) I love you, mommy. Thanks for everything you've done for me and for all you've sacraficed for me and Jose Luis!


PS I'm on Jon's laptop right now, so pictures will have to wait.

1 comments:

Lindsey Stewart said...

Congratulations, Valerie!!! I can't wait to see pictures of her :)