I know, I know.... How in the world did I let 7 months go by?! In my defense, I've been a pretty busy little TODDLER! I've been on the move since February and haven't slowed down one bit. In fact I'm becoming quite the little runner, especially when it's time to get a clean "biaper" and when I'm out of the cart in a store! I think it's so funny when Mommy has to chase me all over the place, but I don't think she finds it very amusing (well most of the time at least)!
I'm also getting really good at using my words - around 25 of them at the moment. I don't want to toot my own horn or anything, but Mommy thinks this is very advanced for a 14.5 month old. Now, I don't say every word perfectly, but I seem be understood and get my point across. For instance when Mommy asks if I'm ready to go night, night I'll go to gate at the bottom of the stairs and say "up," meaning it's time to go upstairs. When we get into my bedroom, I say "book," meaning it's time to read a book. When Mommy says "the end" I say "night, night," meaning it's time to get in my crib. Pretty cool, if you ask me. I'm so into this talking thing that I add 1 - 2 new words each week. I can even say some words in Spanish... Toot, Toot!!
One word I manage to say while doing the actually activity is "poo poo." Mommy knows this is suppose to be a cue to start potty training, but really didn't think a 13.5 month old would be very interested. After a month of debating, Mommy finally gave in and purchased this bad boy yesterday!

Pretty fancy and silly at the same time! I tried it at the store (pants on, of course), and seems to be a good fit. Mommy went back and forth between this one and the cheapest one they had. She figured she'd go ahead and splurge since I'm so little and she had a 20% off coupon. I hope she doesn't get her hopes up though, I hear this potty business is pretty gross! Any advice on training a young girl is greatly appreciated. Wish us luck!
Another thing we've been up to is hanging out with other babies/toddlers and their mamas. Last November we joined a great Meetup group full of 2010 first time moms! Doesn't that sound like so much fun? It is! Let me tell you - I have so much fun visiting and playing with my friends. Mommy really seems to enjoy hanging out with all the ladies too. She even does these things called Mom's Night Out with them. But if you ask me it sounds like a lot of shenanigans!! Here are a few pictures of some of the friends we've made.



Oops! How did that last one get in there?? Anyway, I better get to bed. I need to get some rest tonight so I'm not a little terror for Daddy tomorrow. You see... Mommy has a Mom's Getaway at the Gaylord Texan tomorrow with some of her mommy friends and is leaving Daddy and I to fend for ourselves. The nerve!
Sophia

1 comments:
That last pic is great! I think that's one to save for the senior slide show.
I do have a potty training PowerPoint from my sister (she's an occupational therapist) that I referrenced a lot when we were PTing. I'll send you a FB message about it.
Post a Comment